Biophysical Indicators (Environmental indicators)
• The month under review recorded some rains below the long term mean.
• The state of water sources ranged from fair to good across the
• Average distance to water sources by households and livestock
recorded some decrease compared to the previous month.
• On average the county recorded normal Vegetation condition with
a score of 44.4.
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
• On average the livestock body condition ranged from fair to good
for all species across the livelihood zone.
• Average milk production in November was above the short term
mean at this time of the year.
• Cassava crop in good condition across the livelihood zones with
some areas recording moisture stress for the maize crop.
• Average cattle price recorded some decrease while average goat
price remained stable during the month under review.
• Average price of maize and beans recorded a slight decrease in the
month of November.
• Terms of Trade recorded an increase for the month under review
compared to the previous month.
• Nutritional status of the under-fives remained stable compared to
Hand Washing Technique
Protect yourself & others from getting sick. ?Washing your hands with soap & running water or using an alcohol-based sanitizer is the cheapest and best way to stop coronavirus transmission. Remember: Be safe by avoiding Kissing Hugging Shaking hands.? Share this Video to spread word #KomeshaCoronaPosted by The Ministry of Health on Saturday, March 21, 2020