Drought Situation & EW Phase Classification
▪ The County received rains that were near average and were reported in the lowlands and the highlands. The rains were poorly distributed in time and space.
▪ The county vegetation greenness condition was above the normal range (VCI-3Month; 52.06) and as forecasted by ASTROCAST vegetation is projected to be green for the next two months.
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
▪ Weeding and early crop management ongoing.
▪ Livestock body condition was good for all species across all livelihood zones and no migration was reported.
▪ Average milk production per HH per day was above normal.
▪ Terms of Trade were favorable.
▪ Milk consumption per HH per day was above normal. ▪ Household return distances to water sources were normal. ▪ Distances to water sources from grazing areas were below normal.
▪ The proportion of children at risk of malnutrition was within the normal range.
Hand Washing Technique
Protect yourself & others from getting sick. ?Washing your hands with soap & running water or using an alcohol-based sanitizer is the cheapest and best way to stop coronavirus transmission. Remember: Be safe by avoiding Kissing Hugging Shaking hands.? Share this Video to spread word #KomeshaCoronaPosted by The Ministry of Health on Saturday, March 21, 2020